"Let us, then, be up and doing, With a heart for any fate; Still achieving, still pursuing, Learn to labor and to wait" -Longfellow

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Blooming: Rimar

{{Brooklyn via Columbus, OH}}

It's not THAT weird, I tell myself, that this "Blooming" artist just happened to be from the same city as the last... but considering it's Columbus, Ohio; I think it's at very least to be thought of as... fuckin' awesome.

Why do I like this album of fragments and DJ meditations enough to post about it? Who knows... Perhaps because there are so many spaces for half remembered moments and so many imperfect images full of emotional candor.  It could be because I can't recall disco and never got to listen to it on opium while showering in a Christmas light lit cold-water flat.  Maybe it's because I can't dance but I almost always do.  Whatever the reason, this album is making me feel great this summer.  And for FREE it could do the same to you.

On No Fear of Pop: http://bit.ly/jf7vDL
On Triangle Piece: http://bit.ly/r5Ph3h

No comments: